Champagne

by Wednesday, April 01, 2015 0 comments


He looked straight into my eyes, 
“Why did you lie to me?”
I bowed my head and used my hair as a shield. I’m too mortified.
“… I’m sorry”

“Hey, look at me. Look at me. No, stop covering your face. Alright, tell me… why?”
I looked at him, the look of weariness drawn all over his face.

“Because…”

“Because of what?”
This is bad. I took a deep breath.

“Because I’m afraid that if I told you the truth, you’d run away… just like everyone did.”
Great. There it is. No. Don’t you dare cry in front of him! Oh good Lord.

“Wha—“
I cut him off to explain myself further.

“You don’t understand. Whenever I try to open myself, when I try to let people in, I always end up getting hurt.”
I looked down to hide my tears
… dead silence
This is the end of it all. Tomorrow I will start fresh, forget this ever hap---

“I may not understand the way you view things but think about this. It has been eight months, did I give up?”

I stared at him. It has been eight months? Already? Wow. I lost track.

“Do you see how persistent I am in spite of the countless times you blew me off? I never stopped. I may not be too vocal about what I feel about you but I always make sure you feel every single bit of it.

Telling me the truth will not change what I feel for you. And you know me, I’m a reclusive person, I don’t give a damn about what other people are saying.

You’re an amazing person, don’t let people tell you otherwise. What I see is what I believe in and all I can see is a beautiful girl staring right through my soul.”

I smiled.

“You’re like a nun encased in her shell, refusing to crack.”
We both laughed.

“Why don’t you just give up?” I asked.

“’Cause I have hope for the future… and my hope is that you stop being inhibited.”

“I hate you.”

“You know I’m right”

Errr! He’s too good. I have to get out of here. “Whatever!”

“Someday you’ll see things my way. Someday.” 

jbmarans

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment